1. How to get the CLIL Apps?
An internet connection is required for downloading, installing and activating the apps.
To download (1), install (2) and activate (3) the CLIL applications please follow the instructions below.
1) Download instructions
- Open an Internet browser on your device. Go to www.clilreaders.com
- Go to Download Area.
- A new page will load with a reference to each operating system. Click on the relevant operating system icon of your device, e.g. if you are on an Android smartphone click on the Android icon.
- The download will begin.
2) Installation Instructions
- To install the applications you need to go to the device's settings -> Security. Under Device Administration check the box Unknown Sources: Allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Use the device's File Manager to navigate to the Downloads folder (e.g. /Phone storage/Download) and install the application by tapping once on the downloaded .apk file. If the device doesn't have a File Manager, we recommend using Astro File Explorer which can be found in Play Store.
- Once the application is installed, it can be found among the rest of the device's applications.
As of April 2014 Microsoft has ceased support for Windows XP. As a result CLIL Apps are NOT supported on Windows XP.
To install the application on Windows an Internet connection is required.
- Use the device's file manager to navigate to the Downloads folder (e.g. on Win7 C:\Users\yourusername\Downloads). Locate the downloaded .zip file.
- Right-click on the downloaded .zip file and choose Extract Here.
- When the extraction is complete, double-click on the extracted .exe file to start the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions.
MAC OS X
To install the application on MAC OS X an Internet connection is required.
- Use Finder to navigate to Downloads and double-click on the downloaded .dmg file.
- Once the .dmg file opens, double-click the installer icon to start the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3) Activation Instructions
To activate the application on any operating system, an Internet connection is required.
- Start the app.
- You will be prompted to enter your email. Please provide an email address that you check regularly to receive notifications for available application updates.
- In the Passcode field enter the Serial Number you have been provided with.
- Click Submit.
The application comes free with the purchase of the book and runs for 15 months after it has been activated. The serial numbers are valid for up to 3 activations. If you activate an app on a device and then delete it, e.g. after a format, you are required to activate it again. After you've activated the app 3 times, a new serial number is required for further activations. In such a case a new book needs to be purchased.
- If the download doesn't start due to server overload, please try again in a few minutes.
- When you double-click the installers on Windows (.exe file) or MAC OS there is a possibility for a delay of a few seconds before the installer actually starts depending on the CPU's speed.
- If the activation fails check that you are connected to the Internet, that the device's time and date are set properly and that you've typed the Serial Number correctly and in uppercase letters.
- On board graphics chipsets prior to Intel HD3000 are not supported.
- The applications have been tested on Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, THL W8, Prestigio P5044Duo, Motorola XOOM, TurboX SpiceIV and ASUS Transformer Pad.